Job Title: Vehicle Maintenance Manager
Reports To: Operations Manager
CONTRACT: TWO YEARS
Location: Dammam, Saudi Arabia
Responsibilities of the job include but not limited to:
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of all vehicles and equipment of the company.
- Implements and monitors a preventative maintenance program to assure cost effective maintenance and a scheduled maintenance program to provide maintenance by manufacturers specifications.
- Maintains a complete inventory system through recording of all expenditures and income of each vehicle, maintenance equipment, fuel, repair parts, supplies, etc.
- Monitors user departments by analysis of vehicle and equipment utilization and
evaluation of equipment specifications.
- Implements and maintains a mechanic training and certification program to provide needed technical skills for mechanics in repair of automobiles and heavy equipment.
- Supervises all Fleet Services employees; trains, evaluates and disciplines employees.
- Assists in the development of the Fleet Services budget to include a review of past year expenses and income; adjusts and administers all Fleet Service purchases, including parts, tools, office supplies.
- Welds; replaces parts; repairs parts; repairs electrical systems; diagnoses vehicles for minor body and fender work; performs tune ups and engine overhauls; troubleshoots problems when needed.
- Examines reports for accuracy on each vehicle and piece of equipment repaired; writes reports on vehicles and equipment repaired.
- Keeps maintenance and repair records; performs preventive maintenance on all
departmental vehicles; orders repair parts.
- Checks all repair work performed in shop for completeness. This includes physical inspections and road tests before vehicle is turned back to user departments.
- Performs related duties as required
- Knowledge of methods, techniques and procedures involved in maintenance repairs and replacement.
- Knowledge of an automated Fleet Management Information System.
- Considerable knowledge of safety practices and techniques in mechanics; considerable knowledge of diesel and gas engine mechanics; considerable knowledge of vehicle make-up
- Ability to function and perform effectively as a manager and supervisor.
- Ability to plan, organize and direct the work of skilled, semi-skilled, and unskilled
- employees engaged in repair and maintenance of vehicles and equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair equipment with accuracy and speed; ability to create effective working relationships with employees.
- Ability to coordinate programs, prepare reports and maintain accurate records.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.